Application Deadline: October 31, 2017.
Paradigm Initiative is now accepting entries for its N1 Million Naira Taiwo Bankole
The Taiwo Bankole Prize honours a viable tech product/idea designed by a Nigerian undergraduate or a group of undergraduates. The Prize encourages creativity and innovation among Nigerian undergraduates with interest in ICT.
Entry is open to students of all Nigerian tertiary institutions who can compete as an individual or as a group. Submit your entry here
Twenty finalists will be selected and have the chance to pitch their products to a panel during 2017 Techtiary Forum holding in Lagos in November. Entrants for the prize must also register now for the forum here .
The cash prize of N1 Million is strictly for product development and winner(s) must be committed to build what they propose.
Rules and Regulation
1. Entry is open to students of any Nigerian tertiary institution
2. Each person or group is entitled to only one entry
3. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. More than one student from an institution can compete for the Taiwo Bankole Prize
5. Submission of entry for the competition closes October 31, 2017.
6. Any entry sent by email will be disregarded
7. The decision of the judges is final.
8. Grading of submission commences from November 2, 2017, to November 10, 2017
9. The 20 Finalists selected will pitch their products to a panel on November 28, 2017, ahead of the final stage on November 30, 2017
10. The winner will get The Taiwo Bankole Prize One Million Naira
11. The Taiwo Bankole One million naira cash prize must be used for product development
12. The winner will send the product development stages broken down into monthly stages on or before December 8, 2017. It will determine the progress measurement.
13. The funds will be disbursed to the winner on a monthly basis upon the approval of the winner’s monthly report by the Techtiary Program team. It will be on a zero budgeting basis.
14. The winner will be responsible in creating a Techtiary club in his/her institution if not in existent
15. Paradigm Initiative respect your Data privacy. We will not pass your details to third parties without your consent.
16. Paradigm Initiative is compliant with the Digital rights and Freedom bill. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
The judges’ decision will be based on five main criteria:
1. Concept, Objectives & Creativity
2. Product Process & Operational Functionality
3. Target Audience & Marketability
4. Innovation & Solution Appeal
5. Business/Financial Plan & Documentation